1) It was the first time in a year and a half that I had seen the night face to face. (从句时态用完成时) 这是我一年半以来第一次目睹夜晚。
2) I wonder if it’s because I haven’t been able to be outdoors for so long that I’ve grown so crazy about everything to do with nature.(强调句) 我不知道这是不是因为我长久无法出门的缘故，我变得对一切与大自然有关的事物都无比狂热。
3) I stayed awake on purpose until half past eleven one evening in order to have a good look at the moon for once by myself. 有一天晚上，我熬到11点半故意不睡觉，为的是独自好好看看月亮一次。
4) Your friend， who doesn’t work hard， asks you to help him cheat in the end-of-term exam.(非限制性定语从句)
5) If you have some trouble (in) getting along with your friends， you can write to the editor and ask for advice. 如果你在和朋友的相处上有问题，你可以写信给编辑向他征求建议。
6) Add up your score and see how many points you can get. 把你的得分加起来，看看得了多少。
7) What he did has added to our difficulties.
8) His income adds up to $1000 a month.
9) It‘s no pleasure looking through these any longer because nature is one thing that really must be experienced. 观看这些已不再是乐趣，因为大自然是你必须体验的。
10) Why is she so concerned about his attitude to her work? 她为什么那么关注他对她的工作的看法?
① go around 到处走/跑;go after 追求;go ahead 说吧，请吧，做吧;go away 离开，出去
② go bad 变坏;go boating 去划船
③ go fishing 去钓鱼;go for a walk去 散步
④ go hiking 去徒步旅行;go home 回家
⑤ go in for 喜爱，从事于;go into 进入，加入
⑥ go mad
⑦ go off 离去，去世;go on 继续，进展，依据;go on doing 继续做;go out 出去，发出去，熄灭，不时兴;go over 研究，检查，搜查
⑧ go shopping 去商店;go skating 去滑冰;go straight along 沿着;go swimming 去游泳
⑨ go through 通过，经受，仔细检查;go to bed _
⑩ go up 上升
①表时间，相当于一个时间状语从句，有时过去分词前可加连词 when 或 while 来强调时间概念。
Seen from the top of the hill, the city looked like a big garden.
Accepted by the Party, he decided to devote his life to the cause of the Party.
Exhausted, the children fell asleep at once.
Encouraged by the speech, the young people made up their minds to take up the struggle.
③表条件，相当于一个条件状语从句，有时过去分词前可用 if 等词
Heated, water changes into steam.
Given another chance, he will do better.
Laughed at by many people, he continued his study.
Surrounded by a group of pupils, the old teacher walked into the classroom.
The trainer appeared, followed by five little dogs.
被动语态的概念：它是动词的一种形式，表示主语与谓语之间的执行或被执行关系。主动语态表示主语是谓语动作的执行者，例如：They saw the little boy crying by the river. 被动语态表示主语是谓语动作的承受者，例如：The little boy was seen crying by the river.
1. 一般现在时 am/is/are + 过去分词
例如：Rice is planted in the south of China.
2. 一般过去时 was/were + 过去分词
例如：These trees were planted the year before last.
3. 一般将来时 will/shall + be + 过去分词
例如：A sports meeting will be held next week in our school.
4. 现在进行时 am/is/are + being + 过去分词
例如：Your radio is being repaired now.
5. 过去进行时 was/were + being + 过去分词
When he got there, the problem was being discussed.
6. 现在完成时 have/has + been + 过去分词
His work has been finished.
Has his work been finished? Yes, it has. / No, it hasn’t.
7. 过去完成时 had + been + 过去分词
1. be fond of爱好
3. make friends with 与……交朋友
4. argue with sb. about / oversth. 与某人争论某事
5. hunt for寻找
6. in order to为了
8. bring in引进
9. a great / good many许多…
10. have difficulty (in) doing做……有困难
11. end up with以……结束
12. except for除……之外
13. come about发生
15. make yourself at home别拘束
16. the majority of大多数
17. drop sb. a line给某人写短信
18. for the first time第一次
19. at all根本;竟然
20. have a (good) knowledge of…精通……